What we believe
- The Bible is the inspired infallible Word of God. It is the complete revelation of God’s Will for salvation and the guideline for Christian life. 2 Peter 1:19-21; 2 Timothy 3:16
- God is the Creator of all things existing in three persons Father, Son and Holy Spirit and these three are co eternal and of equal dignity and power. 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 15:26
- Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life; He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born to the virgin Mary, lived a sinless human life, was both fully human and fully divine, died a sacrificial death on the cross, was bodily resurrected, who ascended to the right hand of the Father; and will return to the earth to judge the living and the dead. Those found righteous will be joined in heaven with God and those who are not will suffer eternal separation from God. Titus 3:5; John 14:6
- By Adam’s sin every person incurs spiritual death, which is separation from God and physical death consequently; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice. Romans 5:12
- The Holy Spirit is indwelling all believers through baptism of water and Spirit. The Holy Spirit convinces Christians of sin enabling them to live a godly life through continued repentance and confession of sins. John 16:7-8; I Corinthians 3:16; 1 John 1:9
- God sanctions marriage: it is the joining of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union and that sexual intimacy should only occur between a man and a woman within the covenant of marriage. Any forms of sexual immorality, such as lust, adultery, pre-marital sex, fornication, homosexual and bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography, masturbation or any attempt to change one’s sex (gender) is sinful and offensive to God. Genesis 2:21-25; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:2-4; Leviticus 18:22; Leviticus 20:13
- The events recorded and people named in the Genesis account are historical; that the creation of man was unique; that he was created in the image of God by a special act of divine creation both biological and spiritual, and not from any previously existing forms of life. Genesis 1:26-27; Hebrews 11:3
- Every Christian has a gift (talent or Spiritual gift) and ministry from the Lord and is, by default, engaged into the great commission of making disciples of Jesus and into the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit including deliverance, miraculous healing, as recorded in Luke 4: 18-20. Matthew 28: 19
Sanctification Ministry was founded as a prayer group in 2016. This Ministry began when a family was called to a life of prayer after the death of their loved one in 2013. It involved only few members of the family who prayed together seeking a deeper relationship with God. The time spend in prayer united the family and drew relatives and siblings closer to the LORD.
The Holy Spirit had begun a movement that the family did not anticipate. Little time later they begin to invite friends who also saw the need to include their families. Thus, it became “Family-Prayer-Line.” This meant that the prayer-line became about praying for the healing and restoration of the families involved toward God’s vision for each family. Over the phone Past. Joe, whose family started the prayer-line in 2013, led families in prayer and taught the Word of God as the Holy Spirit led. Every week people gathered over the phone in the morning to pray and in the evening for teaching. Then, it was every morning at 6 a.m. and evening at 9 p.m.
From 2013-2015 families were gathering to pray for different subjects, mostly breaking ties and generational curses. At the end of 2014, the Lord gave Past. Joe a specific message that 2015 is the year of sanctification. From January to December 2015 families begun to pray for sanctification, again as led by the Holy Spirit. This was the preparation for the ministry that was soon to be born.
In 2019 Sanctification Ministry became a Church. We had our lunching 0n July 12, 2019, with a service of celebration and worship. On March 8, 2020, we officially received pastor Joe in a special service as our senior pastor. Just a week later was our last service at our first location due to Covid 19. We then proceeded with services online to reopen on May 16, 2021, in Laurel Maryland.